Head of Primary Division, 2007
1) Attended the following training programmes:
i. USP Quality Audit Training Programme 25-27 January 2007 ;
ii. Participated in the Pacific Leadership Development Network (PLDN) Consultative and Planning Meeting and Roundtable Discussion on the Status of Leadership in Education and Health Sector in the Pacific Region at USP, 13-14 March 2007;
iii. Coaching for Performance at USP, 16-17 April 2007;
iv. EDULINK ACP-EU Cooperation Programme in Higher Education: Regional Information Session for the Pacific 6 September 2007;
v. Training need analysis/skills matrix and training plan workshop at USP, 20 September 2007 and
vi. Moodle An Introduction. November, 2007.
2) Lautoka Teachers’ College Upgrading Project Funded research project on “Study Experiences of Beginning Teachers: A case study of beginning teachers from Lautoka Teachers’ College”. The findings of the project were presented at the NZARE Conference, 4-7 December 2007.
3) Dr Lingam also completed a USP-Funded research project on “Pedagogical Practices: The case of multi-class teaching”. Afull length research paper was published in Educational Research and Review Journal.
4) Participated in the Human Resources in Health Workshop organized by the Fiji School of Medicine at Mocambo Hotel Nadi, Fiji, 27-29 September.
5) He presented a paper on “Continuing education for the health professionals: Going the distance” at the workshop. Dr Lingam also addressed the Bainivalu Primary School, Suva, at their Diwali Celebration, 8 November.
Lingam, Govinda. I. Pedagogical practices: The case of multi-class teaching in Fiji primary school. Educational Research and Review 2.6 (2007).
Burnett, G. & Lingam, Govinda. I. Reflective teachers and teacher educators in the Pacific region: conversations with us not about us. International Review of Education 53.3 (2007).
Lingam, Govinda. “Graduate satisfaction with the theoretical component of the pre-service certificate in primary teaching”. Paper presented at the New Zealand Association for Research in Education, National Conference at Christchurch University, Christchurch, New Zealand , 4-7 December 2007.
Lingam, Govinda. “The way educational leadership should be: Insights from Kaivata High School”. Paper presented at the Leadership Case Study Workshop, Suva, Fiji, 28-30 November 2007.